Saturday, November 10, 2012

Musical Puzzle Pieces of Who I Was and Who I Am

In my childhood and teenage years, music meant everything to me.  I took as many music classes as possible. Participated in Youth Symphonies and a variety of band camps.  I wrote a lot of love songs.  After spending 4 years in the Army Band, I burnt out and set my music aside for a while, a long while....Wandering down a path without melodies.  I did not realize that along this path  I was loosing a pieces of myself.

After several years, I started putting the pieces back little by little and today I feel as though I am almost myself again!  I am now now playing my oboe, writing songs, singing jazz standards, and performing in front of others in casual environments.  I am reaching beyond what I have done before.  I intend to learn how to make oboe reeds, become a marketable musician, and learning how to publish my own songs.  

As the puzzle pieces comes together, I want to make sure to glue each piece down this time.  I do not want to lose this important part of myself again. With music in my life, I am happier because I know that music connects me to God's purpose for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment